Dec 19, 2009

Spreading Warmth

Last July, my local yarn shop held its annual Charity Knit Night. Each year, we get together over wine and pizza, and knit squares to be sewn into a blanket. I always look forward to this night. There's something so healing about getting together with friends and creating something meaningful. I watched so many hands, including my own, bring this blanket together.

The fact that I felt so invested in this project made it all the more incredible when, on Thursday night, that blanket was raffled off to raise money for our local homeless shelter, and I won!!


Right now, with temperatures dropping and the heating system in my apartment working rather inconsistently, I can think of no better place to be than under this blanket - my beautiful, cozy, blanket made by some of my favorite people for some of the best reasons. Nothing could make me feel warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment