Dec 12, 2009

Chickens


In most respects, apartment living has exceeded my food producing expectations. Vegetables and herbs have been surprisingly easy to grow in a limited space (with limited skills), and I'm hoping to attempt my first fruit tree this spring.

Still, there is one little thing I haven't been able to produce here; Livestock. Specifically, I want chickens. really. really. badly. I don't know why it's chickens that I've fixated on, but my little farm just doesn't seem complete without them. There's just something really cool about a pet that can produce my breakfast.

I know trying to raise chickens in a studio apartment would be a little cruel/insane, so I've shelved the idea for the time being. Still, the search continues for a farm animal I can raise in my apartment. Maybe quail? Or rabbits? Do compost worms count?

No comments:

Post a Comment