Dec 22, 2009

Solstice


Despite my solemn promise not to leave the apartment yesterday, by mid afternoon, I couldn't resist any longer. I needed to take advantage of the reasonably good weather and take a walk through central park.


When I walked outside, I was completely taken aback by what I saw. The streets were nearly empty, and for a few hours, the city looked clean. Quiet. Still.


Personally, I don't mind New York when it's a little bit gritty (in a way, the dirt is part of its charm). But I have to admit, this city is a different place when it's blanketed in snow. All of those easily overlooked details seem to demand the attention they deserve.


This little snowstorm was a perfect start to the Winter Solstice. Already, my world seems brighter and more at peace.

Happy Solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment