Mar 23, 2010

We Have Worms!!

My boyfriend is an environmentalist; he understands why composting is good. Still, the idea of sharing his living space with 2,000 creepy crawlers took a little warming up to. Actually, a lot of warming up to... 3 1/2 years to be exact. But this weekend, he finally broke down. It took a lot of pleading on my part and a written contract stating that he would never, ever, under any circumstances have to touch the worms, but he finally gave in.

So without further adou, I'd like to introduce the newest members of the Solstice farm family, Sam...


I named them all Sam because I am of the opinion that every living thing (and some inanimate objects) deserve a name. We chose "Sam" for practical reasons (it's gender neutral, and thus applies to all the worms).

(The rest of them are somewhere in here)

Since I'm a novice composter, any tips on how to properly care for Sam would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment