Nov 30, 2009

That Crazy Girl on the Subway


As my friend so delicately put it, "Christmas threw up on this city." The day after Thanksgiving, Christmas ads were everywhere, and it got me thinking. This year, I want my holiday to feel a little less commercial and a little more homemade. 


I spent Sunday at the Jersey Shore with my parents, and just as we were leaving the beach, we stumbled upon a HUGE pile of starfish (a rare event at a beach better suited for finding trash and syringes). I decided it was fate, and I would make all my Christmas ornaments out of starfish.

Problem was, I had to catch a train back to the city, and I didn't have time to let them dry. I ended up riding the subway back to my apartment carrying a garbage bag full of starfish and a large birdcage (I'll explain later).

You know those crazy people you always see on the subway? I think I just joined their ranks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment