Oct 30, 2009

Beginning


Welcome to City Solstice.

A week ago I moved from my cramped one bedroom apartment to a studio. I know most sane New Yorkers wouldn't voluntarily move from a tiny apartment to an even tinier one, but for me, the decision was easy. I moved for this...




It doesn't look like much now, but this cluttered, weed filled, terrace is my garden. To this girl, who has been trying for years to garden on windowsills, fire escapes, and so many other places not designed for growing anything, this little terrace is a dream come true. With a little luck and a lot of advice from people more knowledgeable than myself, I hope to turn this little "farm" into a thriving source of beauty, joy, and most importantly, food.

This blog will chronicle my attempts to live sustainably, eat locally, and adopt a DIY lifestyle in one of the most urban environments in this world. On this little journey, there will be gardening, knitting, cooking, thrifting, and whatever else I find along the way.

Wish me luck.

-Solstice

No comments:

Post a Comment